[Mapserver-users] Installation problems with debian

Andreas Delleske delleske at vauban.de
Wed Nov 26 06:21:14 EST 2003

Hi there,

while trying to install the mapserver 4.0.1 from source on a debian
woody (3.0) machine, I got the error from configure:

"configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++
compiler cannot create executables."

(executed from root, naturally)

The gcc seems to be installed (thats what the configure program says)

Further, I have installed the gdlib-devel package, freetype seems to
be come with that.

# apt-get install g++

gives no reasonable answer.. so what do to?

Im using Debian more as a user and less as a geek.

Is there a install FAQ for Debian?
--
Gruss
Andreas Delleske