[Mapserver-users] MapServer passes 82/83 tests of the OGC WMS testsuite

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Fri Nov 28 15:48:30 EST 2003

This is great news!  Congrats to the development group which helped
MapServer pass the test assertions at OGC CITE.

> The test that we don't pass is one related to producing an image with
> non-square pixels, or in other words producing a map image where the
> width/height ratio in pixels doesn't match the dx/dy ratio in
> geographic
> coordinates. This is something most clients won't try to
> request anyway
> so it's not that big a deal. The current version of MapServer
> can only
> produce map images where the x-scale and y-scale are equal.  We've
> started looking at fixing this with Steve way back when, but
> that would
> affect quite a bit of code and we never ended up making the required
> changes.
>
> We may have to tackle that one if we decide to go after official
> certification, but for now we know that we pass all the tests except
> one, and that's the most important think.

I strongly suggest we do this to get the official stamp of approval.
Official conformance will be very important for "OGC-compliant" software,
which many organizations will write into their requirements for projects.

Is there any works for doing the same for OGC:WFS in MapServer?

..Tom

Tom Kralidis
Systems Scientist
Integrated Environmental Applications Branch
Knowledge Integration Directorate
Environment Canada
867 Lakeshore Road
Burlington, ON