[Mapserver-users] SDE point query with version 4.0

Liz Godwin godwinl at agr.gc.ca
Tue Sep 2 11:25:46 EDT 2003

I solved the problem!  I'm hoping someone can tell me what changed in
mapserver, and why it worked.

In my older version of the mapfile that was used with Mapserver 3.6, I
relied on default tolerances and thus did not list them in my map file.
This file wouldn't work with mapserver 4.0.  That is...it wouldn't
query.

The new mapfile works because I added tolerance and toleranceunits to
my mapfile for my queryable layer.  The tolerance could not be zero,
else the same error would result.  It was my understanding (from the
docs) that the default tolerance was 3 pixels.  Has it changed to zero?
Does anyone know why SDE layers don't like a tolerance of 0?

Cheers,

Liz

>>> "Liz Godwin" <godwinl at agr.gc.ca> 08/28/03 03:00PM >>>
Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade a simple application to the new version of
Mapserver (4.0) and I am running into an error I haven't seen before,
and haven't been able to sort out.

"msSDELayerWhichShapes(): SDE error. SE_shape_generate_rectangle():
The
number of points is less than required for feature. (-148)"

I get the same error with or without my template file.  My mapfile is
referencing only SDE layers.  The error only occurs when I am trying
query a layer, not when I'm just navigating around the map.

The application queries  fine if I point to Mapserver 3.6 instead.

Has anyone had any luck in upgrading sites using SDE that might have a
clue into where I should poke?  Thanks!!

Liz Godwin