[Mapserver-users] Highlighting Multiple queryByAttribute selections

Jeff Hamm jeff at planyukon.ca
Thu Sep 4 13:28:53 EDT 2003

--------------D53EEB25C14CE2184E298AFC

I've combed the archives and documentation, but so far I'm still abit
adrift on how to highlight the returns from queryByAttribute (Mapscript
4.0). The approach of Andreas and Paul was helpful to start, but I  want
to highlight the selected features within the existing map extent.

I'm modifying a file produced by GMapFactory
(RH8;Apache;Mapserver4.0;MapLab 2.0), so perhaps I have access to some
features in the wrappers, but I'm not sure where to look.

/* -- Given this results array : --*/

$oQueryLayer->queryByAttributes($szqitem,$szqstring,MS_MULTIPLE );

/*--How to highlight the selections? --*/

/*-- I'm not sure if I need to process the results array--*/
 $numresults=$oQueryLayer->getNumResults();
 if ($numresults >0)
        {
          for ($i=0; $i<$numresults; $i++)
          { $oResult = $oQueryLayer->getResult($i); .....etc

...or if there is a more direct route ??

TIA.
All tips are appreciated, this list is an excellent resource!

--------------D53EEB25C14CE2184E298AFC

begin:vcard
n:Hamm;Jeff
tel;fax:(867) 667-4624
tel;home:(867) 668-6467
tel;work:(867) 667-7397
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.planyukon.ca
org:Yukon Land Use Planning Council
adr:;;201 - 307 Jarvis Street;Whitehorse;Yukon;Y1A 2H3;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:jeff at planyukon.ca
title:GIS & Planning Advisor
fn:Jeff Hamm