[Mapserver-users] Itemquery question from a newbie

coldwell at csptexas.com coldwell at csptexas.com
Mon Sep 8 21:18:16 EDT 2003

Are there special requirements for a shapefile used for an itemquery?

I have a polygon shapefile which in the dbf has an attribute name of ACCT_.
The attribute is a unique geo_id which is a string beginning with 'R'. Though
I can display this information as a LABELITEM, and with a conventional query
cause the polygon to be highlighted on a querymap, an itemquery with this
data returns the message

msQueryByAttributes(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s)
found, layer and area of interest do not overlap.

The performance is similar in both Mapserver 3.6 and 4.0 with appropriate
changes in the query procedure. (I of course prefer the 4.0 style.)

The map files and query url seem OK, since the map file works for zooming and
click queries. And with appropriate file, layer, and column name changes the
map and templates work as I want them to with the Itasca demo data. But they
won't work with my local data!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.