[Mapserver-users] NEXRAD composites with Mapserver

Daryl Herzmann akrherz at iastate.edu
Wed Sep 17 01:58:28 EDT 2003

Hiya,

I put together a HOWTO on generating NEXRAD (National Weather Service
RADAR) composites via GEMPAK and then displaying them with Mapserver. The
Howto was intended for folks in the University weather research community
with a little GEMPAK experience and a little Mapserver experience.  I
probably do a good job of confusing everybody.  Anyway, here it is

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/docs/radmapserver/

For those of you just looking for a base reflectivity layer to use in your
app, check out this directory...

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/data/gis/images/unproj/USCOMP/

Yeah, yeah, I should have a WMS for this.  If somebody wants to send me a
fancy Linux box to serve WMS all day, I will happily send you my address
:)

Also, I would like to thank folks in the community who have given me
valuable feedback on this HOWTO.

Later,
  Daryl

--