[Mapserver-users] OGC-compliant WMS-server delivering dynamiclayers with MS?

Debbie Pagurek pagurekd at agr.gc.ca
Wed Sep 17 15:36:44 EDT 2003

Hi Tom,
there isn't an API/class for OGC specs that I know of but I'm sure
someone out there could make one - good project.

I simply made a 'process' function that went through the name/value
pairs of the OGC compliant URL to extract what I needed to create the
mapfile and produce the desired image.  The script also has a section to
respond to the 'request' parameter - either GetMap, GetCapabilities, or
GetFeatureInfo.

I'm willing to share code if you want it - just let me know and give me
a chance to clean it up a little.

Debbie

>>> <Tom.Kralidis at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca> 09/17/03 03:17PM >>>

Debbie,

Thanks for the info.  This is something that I've been interested in
for
some time, that is providing WMS for real-time data (earthquakes,
sensor
readings, etc.) which is not necesarily available through the mapserv
CGI
WMS interface.

Does PHP/Mapscript provide an API/class for OGC specifications?

Thanks

..Tom

Tom Kralidis
Systems Scientist