[Mapserver-users] NEXRAD composites with Mapserver

Daryl Herzmann akrherz at iastate.edu
Wed Sep 17 18:50:23 EDT 2003

Steve,

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Steve Lime wrote:

>Sweet! I've been looking for ready-to-serve radar data for a long time.
>I'm assuming the regional image boundaries are consistent so one could
>create a tiled image layer in MapServer pretty easily. Now you're gonna
>have to deal with people 1Mb of radar data every 5 minutes...

Thanks for your comments.  I will consider generating regional tiles.
Since you are probably interested in the areas immediate to Minnesota, I
also generate a Midwest composite at a higher resolution... (0.01 degree
pixel versus 0.02 degree pixel)

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/data/gis/images/unproj/MWCOMP/

Perhaps I can get a high resolution floater up and running tonight for
Isabel?  For those interested, here is NASA site with GIS imagery

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/

for instance

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/?2003260-0917/Isabel2.A2003260.1824.2km.jpg

Later,