[Mapserver-users] Setting outline width of polygons ?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Sep 18 15:35:42 EDT 2003

In 3.6 and earlier versions you can draw an outline thick as suggested
below, but you can't fill at the same time without drawing the layer
again. In 4.0 you can use styles to get around this. Set the first style
to fill the polygon and the second style to draw the thick outline.

Steve

Steve

>>> Bjoern Platzen <bplatzen at sosnetz.de> 09/18/03 04:23AM >>>
Hi Lars!

This works for me:

LAYER
  NAME ParkInfoQuartier
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS on
  DATA quartiere
    CLASSITEM ID
      CLASS
        SYMBOL 'circle'
        SIZE 6
        OUTLINECOLOR 131 157 197
     END  # CLASS
END  # LAYER

The corresponding Symbol is:

Symbol
  Name 'circle'
  Type ELLIPSE
  Filled true
  Points
    1 1
  END
END

I'm working with MapServer 3.6 on a SuSE Linux Box.

hth,

Bjoern.

--
small office solutions