[Mapserver-users] Animated layers

Charlton Purvis cpurvis at asg.sc.edu
Fri Sep 19 11:27:26 EDT 2003

Hi, Steve:

Your first request is right up our ally.  See an online Power Point demo
of our mock-up.  It is by no means a finished product, but it got us off
the ground.

I'm part of two SE Atlantic operations that deal w/ oceanographic data.
Caro-COOPS is a NC/SC-centric entity that deals w/ storm surge flooding
and hurricane predictions.  Isabel is our first customer!  This Power
Point shows a crude sketch of it.
http://caro-coops.org/documents/presentations/surge_demo.htm

A lot of our trials and tribulations appear on our bulletin board.
http://caro-coops.org/bb

SEA-COOS is for the entire SE Atlantic.  We are wrapping up our
prototype of merged model data (think entire SE seaboard) as well as a
conglomerate of transparent real-time oceanic and terrestrial
observations.  Satellite images will also be part of the suit.  And
since time is an integral component, animations will be key.  E.g. show
me the ocean currents over the last day off the Keys.  Maybe that comes
from a model.  Maybe that comes from a buoy.  Maybe that comes from a
satellite.  Let the user decide.

I will hopefully release a cleaner version of both the Storm Surge model
(the Power Point) as well as a SEA-COOS model.

It's very exciting.  I'm happy to help.

Charlton

time-sequences?