[Mapserver-users] Bytes of the Big Apple

Matthew Haines mhaines94108 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 22 09:04:07 EDT 2003

I am just starting with MapServer, and I must say it's very hard to figure
out
how to get started.  I have the sample map data file from New York City,
(Bytes of the Big Apple) and it has various files (.dbf, .prj, .shp, .shx).

Has anyone worked with these files before?  I got the Itasca demo files
working,
but I wasn't really able to figure out from that exercise how I should go
about
getting the NYC data displayed.  I haven't worked with GIS data before, but
I've
been programming in various languages for 20 years.

Matthew Haines
http://www.nycPropertyResearch.com