[Mapserver-users] Example of auto-generated Python MapScript docs

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Mon Sep 22 11:14:42 EDT 2003

I've run epydoc against the 4.0 MapScript module and put the results
up (temporarily) on my web site to show what auto-generated Python
docs look like.

Unfortunately, epydoc can not distinguish between the useful objects
and methods and the SWIG-specific objects that we don't use directly
like mapObjPtr.

Another limitation is that object attributes only appear under the
sections for __swig_getmethods__ and __swig_setmethods__ which is
going to be confusing.

All in all, epydoc generates complete but murky documentation of a
SWIGged module:

http://www.frii.com/~sgillies/ms_40/html/

cheers,
Sean