[Mapserver-users] mapscript: new functions numMetaData and keyMetaData required

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Mon Sep 22 11:29:43 EDT 2003

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 09:08  AM, m.spring at gmx.de wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> your proposition is of course right. It's just that my c-knowledge is
> so minimal that I do not know how to write a true 'keys' function
> properly, this is why I came up with this barebones-c which would
> allow a hash-style wrapper to be added in the mapscript language of
> your choice (I do love coding in perl...)
>
> So please do go ahead, the way you describe is good and allows to keep
> more similar interfaces for the different scripting languages. I do
> not at all insist on the implementation, not even the interface I
> presented - it is in an such early stage that a redesign to achieve
> better functionality is most welcome.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Markus

Hi Markus,

Your code is good and I'm sure that many of us will be applying your
patch to use it.  I will.  MapScript needs (IMO) more active
developers, and I hope that you will want to continue to work on it.

If I create a new issue in the tracker to follow up on our discussion,
may I add you to the list of cc: addresses?

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies