[Mapserver-users] help with annotations

Matt Doggett mdoggett at coas.oregonstate.edu
Mon Sep 22 18:37:03 EDT 2003

Someone else had suggested this same technique, and I've seen it in the
documentation. But where do the values [FIRSTNAME] [LASTNAME] come from?
My guess is that they are attribute 'columns' in the shape file.  But
here's the problem.  My shape object is created dynamically with
Php/Mapscript (from a query to a postgres database).  I see that the
ShapeObj class has the values array but apparently it is read-only so
that I cannot dynamically create the data columns
([TEMP],[DEWPT],[WIND], etc) that this method would require.  This
problem is off topic but are there any suggestions?

md