[Mapserver-users] automatic extension of map-file with dynamic layers?

Frieso ter Haseborg ter-haseborg at sf-datentechnik.de
Tue Sep 23 02:48:51 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm working on a PHP/MapScript-component for drawing different dynamic
(point-)layers in a map. Point-coordinates and annotation data are
retrieved from a RDBMS. There are different classes of objects to be
drawn, each class should be an own layer.

My problem: The user of the RDBMS-app can add new classes, so I need to
create a new layer also. But AFAIK every single layer has to be listed
in the map-file. And I don't want my end-users doing manual
modifacations on the map-file!

Is there any (build-in) way to do this extension of the map-file
automatically?

TIA,

Frieso ter Haseborg
- Software Development -