[Mapserver-users] script avenue to convert arcview project (apr) into map files

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Tue Sep 23 09:38:19 EDT 2003

Dear fx,

you may use our tool AveiN! (free translation: ArcView easy into the
internet!) - in the moment it's only freeware, but we're planning to
release it (as soon as I reread and commented the code) as open source
(if its possible for avenue, but I heard it is no problem).

AveiN! lets you export the actual view as mapfile (OGC WMS if you like)
and also may create an easy client. It writes UMN image catalogues and
enables to create the application on a win-machine but run it on a
linux/Unix-machine. Some more features inside....

Get AveiN! from
http://www.terrestris.de/gis_e/avein.html
or
http://www.terrestris.de/links_e/downloads.html
or from the Esri scripts page ;-)

Sorry, the german version is a few steps in front (v1.32) instead of
v1.3 english. If you have problems using it, just give me a message.

Cheers,
Till

fx gamoy schrieb:
> Hello world
> Does anybody heard about a script avenue to convert into mapfiles an apr
> arcview project which contains a lot of shape files
> i ve read something about such a script few month ago but i can retrieve it
> thanks
> fx

-----

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, Paulsen&Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * www.terrestris.de