[Mapserver-users] MapServer CGI crash ( Is it a Bug or Bad Data ? )

Eduardo Patto Kanegae eduardo at consultoria.eti.br
Fri Sep 26 08:47:42 EDT 2003

(sorry the big message)

I'm working a SAPxMapServer interface, everything was going, except about yesterday, when I went to install the aplication a discover an error with production data, despite my test data.

http://scopo1.vila.bol.com.br/tmp.zip - here the application source, the error screens and the shapefile the generates the error.

@ Development plataform: Windows XP Professional + PHP 4.3.3 + MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

@ Production plataform: Windows 2000 Server + PHP 4.3.3 + MapServer version 4.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

1. when the MapServer application is called, a PHP/MapScript looks for the correct path of the map the user want to see( see '1_without_shptree/screen1_SAPwindow.png' )

2. so, this script redirects user to a CGI MapServer application with some main parameters like the MapFile( which is created on-the-fly based on a template mapfile) and the reference map(created on-the-fly too) . - files: '1_without_shptree/msc103213f7429012d9c6.map' and '1_without_shptree/refmap22303f742901b6929.png' )

3.but, in a first moment( without use of shptree), the application crashes. No log at the MapServer logfile is generated, a crash( with no relevant detail) log is added to Windows Event Viewer... see '1_without_shptree/screen2_WinEventLog.png' and '1_without_shptree/screen3_InternalServerError.png'

4.and if I run " shptree %shapefile%" , then everything goes fine. see '2_with_shptree/screen1_sucessAfterShptree.png'

But the strange thing is : "Why mapserver crashes when generating the main map but it doesn't crash when generating reference image?"

I had tried to use map.status = ON with temp image files and map.status = OFF without temp image files ( only using URL like 'src=mapserv.exe?map=myfile.map&mode=map....' ) but the error occurs always.

does this have something to do with orifices that some polygons of the shapefile ( see F131.shp  ) has , or my shapefile is bad?

thanks

NOTE: if someone is available for phone supporting or something like this, please tell me that I'll call.

Eduardo Patto Kanegae
eduardo at consultoria.eti.br
http://www.consultoria.eti.br - BRASIL