[Mapserver-users] Problem with FreeType and Mapserver4

collao_andres collao_andres at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 12:05:47 EDT 2003

I have a great problem between mapserver4 and freetype.

I have compiled so much freetype, libgd with support for truetype and
to mapserver with support for truetype, but at the time of generating
a map with a LABEL in truetype it appears the following error:

msGetLabel():  libgd was not found with FreeType font support
in/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/funciones.php line 105

Somebody has some idea on this error.  Somebody has had some problem
installing mapserver4?  Is necessary to copy some lib*.so to some
specific folder that I could have omitted?