[Mapserver-users] Win XP & Oracle Spatial 9i & CGI error problem.

Menno Schepel mschepel at gis.nl
Tue Sep 30 05:40:40 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I am trying to get a mapserver app working that retrieves its data form
a Oracle Spatial (v9i) on a WinXP Pro / IIS platform. I am using the
Win32 binaries for Mapserver v4.0 with GIF and Oracle support. Although
I can get an image of the underlying database through shp2img at the
command prompt, the app just gives me a

"CGI error: The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a
complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:".

I found several messages regarding this error message within this list.
As suggested there I checked out the dll's with dependency walker and
they all look fine, except that I am getting a delayed run error on
MPR.dll and Kernel32.dll. I guess that these two delayed run errors do
not interfere directly with Mapserver. As said the "mapserv -v" prompt
command works out fine, and the other utilities also give a result.
Since I am getting an image through the shp2img utility, I guess that
the connection with the Oracle database as declared in the map file is
OK.

I tried to generate a log from within the map file (LOG parameter within
WEB object) but this is giving no result, probably because the app does
not reach the point were the log is generated.

Anybody out there that can share their ideas how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Menno Schepel

Senior GIS Consultant

E: mschepel at gis.nl

I: www.gis.nl

Adogis bv is part of  the Tensing SKS group

DISCLAIMER

Adogis BV exercises no editorial control over E-mail messages
originating in the company and accepts no responsibility for either the
contents of

this message or any copyright laws that may have been violated by the
person sending this message.