SLD Question

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Aug 5 13:58:13 EDT 2004

Hi There,

  You could also check few examples of sld usage on the mapserver's wiki
page, that might help you if the problem is with sld syntax :
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SLDMapServer

Later,

Alexandre Florio wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I can't get SLD to work.  What are the requirements?
>     Isn't it enough to have Mapserver compiled with support to WMS?  Do I have to put some
> metadata information in the .map file?
>     This is the request I'm using to test:
>
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&Request=GetMap&LAYERS=uf&SLD=http://localhost/prototipo-gis/test.xml&map=prototipo-gis/prototipo-gis-wms.map
>
>     I should be able to see, in the webserver's logs, Mapserver trying to fetch the file "test.xml", right?  Nothing shows up there, except the request above...
>
>     I'm using latest Mapserver version 4.2.2.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Alexandre

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst