dynamic content in template file?

Ryan, Adam ARyan at CO.LINN.OR.US
Thu Aug 5 18:15:16 EDT 2004

Andrew,

Unless things have changed or I'm out of it, templates don't work that way.
If you're using CGI mapserver the only scripting you'll be able to do is
client side using the substitution strings mapserver provides.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Koebrick [mailto:Andrew.Koebrick at STATE.MN.US]
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 2:16 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] dynamic content in template file?

A developer in our office is hoping to include scripting in her mapserver
template file.  Either PHP or Apache::ASP (Perl) would do.  However, I am
unable to get a handler to work on the file, presumably because the CGI
version of mapserver being used bypasses those content handlers.  We are
using the Apache 2.0 server, so it seems like I should be able to get this
to work using output filters, but so far nothing but frustration.

Has anyone tried and succeeded in running php or embedded perl in a template
file?

Andrew Koebrick
Web Coordinator / Librarian

Dept. of Administration