Problem Loading Mapscript DLL (IIS)

Tim Pascoe tim.pascoe at EC.GC.CA
Mon Aug 9 15:52:55 EDT 2004

I'm relatively new to the MapServer world, and I'm having a little
trouble. I am currently settin up a desktop development machine, running
Windows XP, and IIS. The mapping application is being developed as part of
a bigger application requiring IIS, so running the MSW4 (or other
preconfigured installers) with Apache is not an option.

I currently have:

Mapserver 4.2.2 (the Itasca demo data set works just fine)
PHP 5.0
MapScript 4.2, from the MapTools.org site

The problem is that I have been unable to load the mapscript dll. When the
DLL is turned on in the PHP.ini file, I receive the error:

"Unable to load dynamic link library
c:\inetpub\php\extensions\php_mapscript_42.dll The specified module can
not be found"

Other PHP modules load just fine. Anyone have any ideas? I have all of the
DLL's listed in the DM Solutions documentation (gdal, pdf, etc) for this
build in my scripts directory, which part of the system PATH.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Tim