mapserv.exe - file not found error under Windows 2003

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Tue Aug 10 20:18:03 EDT 2004

Mike -

Is the virtual directory for "cgi-bin" in that Web site set up under IIS
with permission to execute programs?  Remember that there are several
layers of "appropriate permissions".

        - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Mike Dunham-Wilkie
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 7:04 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] mapserv.exe - file not found error under
Windows 2003

We are trying to run Mapserver under Windows 2003 / IIS.  I have it
running successfully in a Windows XP environment, but when I follow the
same installation process / IIS setup on the Windows 2003 box and point

http://website/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?....

I get a 404 - Page not found error, even though when I go to

http://website/cgi-bin/     (without the mapserv.exe) I get a directory
listing showing mapserv.exe

The file mapserv.exe appears to have appropriate permissions set.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks very much

Mike Dunham-Wilkie