TrueType Font Error

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Thu Aug 12 19:27:09 EDT 2004

Blaine -

Yes, but that error means MapServer can't find the specific font that's
listed in the fonts.list file.  Look at the name of the font you're
using, then find that name in the fonts.list file, and follow the path
to the font file.

        - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: +1 978 251-4242   Fax: +1 978 251-1396

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Blaine Hackett
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 6:23 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] TrueType Font Error

All

I have been wrestling with an issue and hope you can help.

I have an XP computer running MapServer 3.6.6 and Apache 2.  Truetype
fonts work fine.  I have another XP computer running 4.0.2 and Apache 2.
Truetype fonts do not work.

Here is the scenario:
If I use the default, my labels come out fine.
However if I use "TYPE TRUETYPE" I get the following error.
msGetLabelSize(): TrueType Font error. Could not find/open font

In my map file I have tried all different ways to access the
fontset.list file.  I know that it is finding the file because if I mess
with the file in any way, it gives me a different error
msLoadFontset(): Unable to access file. Error opening fontset
font/fonts.list.

I have exhaustively searched the archive and tried every suggestion but
I cannot come up with a solution.

Thanks
Blaine