Start with any lat/long and end with a map

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at SHAW.CA
Fri Aug 13 01:51:43 EDT 2004

On August 12, 2004 10:56 am, Jacob Blankenship wrote:
> All, How would I go about resolving a lat/long (for
> any point in N. America or the world) to display a map
> using MapServer 4.2? Geocoding? Is there a WMS that
> can help with this? If necessary I can host the GIS
> data and a DBMS.

I'm not exactly sure what you're after.  Do you have a list of this points
that you can make available?  If so, I could add them to my global map and
you could see them.  It uses various global base maps/images.

http://spatialguru.com/maps/apps/global

Tyler