What's Wrong With This Picture?

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Fri Aug 13 09:37:34 EDT 2004

ed at topozone.com
(978) 251-4242

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Pagurek, Debbie
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 9:16 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] What's Wrong With This Picture?

I have a feeling that you might have another problem, because your
Projection is:
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326"
  END
which is a Geographic Projection (latitude and longitude), but the
EXTENT you've indicated looks like it's in meters or something other
than Decimal Degrees.

In addition to what Ed said, you probably need to find out what the
projection your data is in.  Then you need to find the corresponding
epsg code.  After you've done that, it is possible to reproject the data
on the fly using other epsg codes.

Debbie