A better way?

ANDY CANFIELD andy_canfield at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 22 19:20:58 EDT 2004

Currently I need to display everything from a layer where a field has "TAP2"
in it but not "TAP2EQ".

How I get around it is i have one class with no symbol in the layer which
comes first and does this:
"EXPRESSION /EQ/" so it gets everything with "EQ" in it which I never want
displayed. Then my next class in the layer has a symbol and it's expression
is:
"EXPRESSION /TAP2/"
This works fine but I'd rather not have to filter this way as it's relying
on something in Mapserver which may or may not always work this way in the
future. Is there a negation operator for within a regular expression like
"EXPRESSION /TAP2[!EQ]/"   ?

I don't know enough about regular expressions to know if there is some
obscure negation operator. I know the standard ones but since usually you
can do the negation outside of the expression like "if($foo !~ /EQ/){

}"
but because it's inside the map file I have no idea what to use inside a
regex for negation of characters?
Any ideas?