Mapserver crash on text Flash (SWF) output... known problem?

Reuven Levitt reuven at LEVITT.NET
Mon Aug 23 13:00:51 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

I am relatively new to Mapserver, but have spent the
last 6 days working around 12 hours a day.  So I am
definitly getting some experience.  It is an amazing
piece of software !

The Flash output stuff I wrote works well (including
the demo on the Mapserver site).  However when I try
and get Mapserver to output any type of text to flash
output Mapserver simply crashes (On windows XP).

This only happens when
                FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE"
however it does not crash with:
                FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=SINGLE"

Crash means windows: "mapserv.exe has encountered a
problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the
inconvenience."

I created a very simple test case to see if it still
crashes, and it does.  Here is the map file:

MAP
        NAME FMV
        STATUS ON
        IMAGETYPE swf
        SIZE 800 600
        SHAPEPATH      "data"
        IMAGECOLOR     255 255 255
        EXTENT -180 -80 180 80
        FONTSET
"E:\Dev\Source\web\workshop\fonts\font.list"

#       EXTENT 0 0 20 20

        PROJECTION "proj=latlong" END

        WEB
                log "./tmp/fmv.log"
                TEMPLATE  'fmv_template.html'
                IMAGEPATH './tmp/'
                IMAGEURL  'http://localhost/workshop/fmv/tmp/'
        END

        OUTPUTFORMAT
                NAME swf
                DRIVER "SWF"
                MIMETYPE "application/x-shockwave-flash"
                EXTENSION "swf"
                IMAGEMODE PC256
                FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE"
        END

        LAYER
                NAME "credits"
                STATUS DEFAULT
                TRANSFORM FALSE
                TYPE ANNOTATION
                FEATURE
                        POINTS
                                10 480
                        END
                        TEXT 'Made by Mapserver.'
                END
                CLASS
                        LABEL
                                TYPE TRUETYPE
                                FONT "arial"
                                POSITION CR
                                COLOR 0 0 0
                                SIZE 8
                        END
                END
        END
END

All the other files are the ones that come with the
mapserver flash demo (FMV).

MapServer version 4.2.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG
OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF
 OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLI
ENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Also if someone could test this on their setup to see
if it works that would be great.

Thanks
Reuven.