dashed line Symbol - Style problem

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at CCGIS.DE
Wed Aug 25 05:27:59 EDT 2004

Hello list,

I have a problem with symbols

I want to create an dashed line. I define a square and then in the
STYLE-block I define how the line shall be dashed.

I define a symbol in my symbol.sym-file like this

SYMBOL
NAME 'flurgrenze'
TYPE VECTOR
 POINTS
 0 0
 0 1
 1 1
 1 0
 0 0
 END
 STYLE
 40
 17
 1
 17
 1
 17
 1
 17
 END
END

When I send the getMap-Request, I get an internal Server Error.

It seams as if the values in the STYLE-block are to big. When I write 20
instead of 40 all works fine.
STYLE
  20   #40
 17
 1
 17
 1
 17
 1
 17
 END

Does anyone know how I can tell my MapServer to accept bigger values? I
configured the mapsymbol.h file, but I still get the error

#define MS_MAXSYMBOLS 250            // maximum number of symbols in a
symbol file
#define MS_MAXVECTORPOINTS 100      // shade, marker and line symbol
parameters
#define MS_MAXSTYLELENGTH 50

Thanx for your help

Astrid Emde