Multiple Symbols and Breadcrumbs

Antonio Agostini mapserver at INTERAMERICAN.US
Wed Aug 25 18:29:11 EDT 2004

I'd like to share the solution I found for this. It doesn't sound like the
best one bust it works and there was no obvious performance hit at least
under a light load.

I created 16 layers in my map file, each one with a style and the
corresponding symbol in it. All have STATUS OFF in case there are no points
in some of them.

Programatically I then add the points to the appropriate layer and that's
it.

 $pos=0;
 $heading=-1;
 for ($i=0; $i < $size/3; $i++) {