[Mapserver-users] Highlighting items in map

Jeremy Wiebe Jwiebe at linnet.ca
Wed Aug 4 16:10:27 EDT 2004

Hi there,

I posted to this list a while ago about a problem I was having using SLD to
style some items in a layer and leave the rest as their default style.  The
problem I was having was that the SLD was growing to be quite big and
slowing down the mapserver response time.  I'm wondering if this is the best
way to accomplish this.

Does anyone have suggestions for other ways to accomplish selective
highlighting of items within a layer.  I want all items in the layer to
still be drawn onto the map, but the items that match the users search to be
styled differently.  Tom Kralidis suggested using a FilterExpression with a
SQL 'IN' clause, but I have come up empty searching the mapserver-users
archives as well as Google.

Any help would be _greatly_ appreciated.

P.S.  The layer data is stored in a SQL Server database and is accessed
using an OGR .ovf file.

Jeremy Wiebe
Application Developer
Linnet - The Land Systems Company
1600-444 St. Mary Avenue,  Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3C 3T1
Tel: 1-204-957-6452  Fax: 1-204-957-7568  email: jwiebe at linnet.ca
http://www.linnet.ca