getting map extent when using maxy and scale on cgi interface

Thomas Chesky thomaschesky at YAHOO.COM
Sat Dec 4 21:11:18 EST 2004

How can I request the map extent (bounding rectangle's coordinates) of the mapreturned by MapServer via the cgi interface when using mapxy and scale params .

I have a cgi get string like this:
&mapxy=-122.244+37.47502&scale=1&mapsize=600+400

Mapserver returns the image (map) correctly. I would like to know what are the bottom,left and top,right coordinates of the returned map.

Can I do it via the cgi interface (any ascii response is good) or WFS or I have to use PHPmapscript?

Thanks

Thomas