WMS Server - URL question on IIS

TC Haddad tchaddad at CSHORE.COM
Tue Dec 7 17:51:46 EST 2004

this feels like a pretty ignorant question, but i'm not that familiar with
IIS, and i'm hoping someone can help. we have a Win2k IIS 5 box which we
have GetMap and GetCapabilities requests working on. now we're interested
in masking the URL a bit so it's a bit tidier. in the WMS-How-To there is a
ASP script provided (see below) - but where does the script go in IIS if we
want to implement this option? Any help would be great,
tanya

MapServer version 4.2.2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

ASP script example from WMSServerHow-To:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc42/wms-server-howto.html#onlineresourceurl

  <%
    Server.ScriptTimeout = 360
    strRequest = Request.ServerVariables("QUERY_STRING")
    strURL = "http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?
map=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WMS\mymap.map&" & strRequest
    Dim objHTTP
    Set objHTTP = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
    objHTTP.open "GET", strURL, false
    objHTTP.send ""
    Response.ContentType = objHTTP.getResponseHeader("content-type")
    Response.BinaryWrite objHTTP.responseBody
    Set objHTTP = Nothing
  %>