WMS Server - URL question on IIS

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Tue Dec 7 19:36:33 EST 2004

Tanya -

That code needs to go wherever you want the resource to live - wherever
you want the URL to point.  If you saved it in the root of your Web
directory and you named it "obfuscate.asp" then your WMS URL might be:

http://www.mymapserver.com/obfuscate.asp

As Rich pointed out, IIS is normally configured to look for a file named
default.asp in a directory, and so it will automagically open that file
if you give IIS a URL that points to a directory.  Therefore, if you
saved this ASP code in the root of your Web directory and named it
"default.asp" as he suggests, you could use either:

http://www.mymapserver.com/default.asp OR
http://www.mymapserver.com

As your online resource URL.  Assuming, of course, that you replace
www.mymapserver.com with your server's name.

        - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: +1 978 251-4242   Fax: +1 978 251-1396