jbox- java applet notinited

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 9 14:15:14 EST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:49:21 -0600, Dan Liu <Dan.Liu at state.mn.us> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my demo.html file with JBox in it, I get 'applet jbox notinited error'
> once a while. The map is grey with a red 'x' at the top left of the map.
> Other than this, everything works fine.
>

> Does anybody know why?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dan

I can not say for certain, but be sure not to call any jBox functions
while it is initializing. jBox initializes when the <APPLET ...> tag
gets read by the browser. I think that some browser/VM combinations
will continue to process the HTML page while the applet is still
describe.

For example, if you have a function that calls jBox.boxon()
immediately after the applet tag, you may get the error. So instead
use the parameter/value pair:
    <param name='box' value='on'>
within the applet tag, thus eliminating the possible conflict.

Regards,
--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com