SLD Temporary Files When Passing SLD url

John Fletcher jfletcher at LATITUDEGEO.COM
Thu Dec 9 16:50:16 EST 2004

It seems that for every request that I make to Mapserver with an SLD=
parameter, a temporary file is created in the same directory as the
mapfile, with an sld.xml extension.  The contents of these sld.xml files
are identical to the contents of the SLD residing at the remote url as
passed to Mapserver.  Are these temporary sld files normally removed
manually?  Have other people experienced the same behaviour?

I'm using Mapserver 4.4 release (kindly compiled by Howard Butler -
thanks) on Windows 2000 and Apache.  I normally like to figure these
things out on my own, but couldn't find anything about this one...

Thanks for the help, as always.

John