mrsid {Scanned}

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 10 02:52:12 EST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:37:19 -0100, Siki Zoltan <siki at agt.bme.hu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to build gdal 1.1.9 with mrsid.
> I've downloaded mrsid Geo_DSDK-4.0.9.713.
> I've configured gdal --with-mrsid=...
> Making gdal several header files were not found.

Zoltan,

Why did you configure with "--with-mrsid=..".  Is the MrSID stuff
really the directory above GDAL?  I would advise against using
a relative path in the configure even if it was, since the generated
paths will be used from many parts of the GDAL tree.

Second, why use GDAL 1.1.9?  Substantial advances have been
made in MrSID support in recent versions and amoung those
changes are support for the more recent MrSID SDK releases.
I would encourage you to try again with GDAL 1.2.5.

Best regards,