Question about MapServer/OGR and MapInfo tab with multiple geometry types

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 10 10:38:02 EST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:45:07 +0100, Emil Zegers
<EZS at syncera-itsolutions.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using MapInfo tab files with multiple geometry types, some strange things occur.

Emil,

I believe it is intended that MapServer's OGR link should allow use
of mixed geometry layers, but by quietly discarding geometries not
appropriate to the layer type.  I would appreciate it if you could submit
a bug report on the case you found didn't work (point layer with
multipolygons).
I believe this is just a missing case when previos fixes were done.

I would add it would appear the OGR howto is a bit out of date.  If you add
a note about the mixed-layer issue in the howto we can try to fix that up to.

Best regards,