Raster image cuts off 10%, sometimes mirrored, repeats

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 10 10:49:01 EST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:42:56 -0600, James Martin <martin426 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a 8192x4096 tiff of the earth ("Blue Marble" by NASA) that I am
> trying use as a raster layer on my map.  My starting extent is -180 -60 180
> 83 which covers almost everything besides Antartica.   When added as a
> layer, the image  that is output overlays perfectly and matches up with my
> country outlines, except for the leftmost 10% (About the midpoint of Alaska
> all the way to -180)--it doesn't display at all except for my country outline.

James,

You might want to try adding the following line to your raster layer definition.

  PROCESSING "LOAD_WHOLE_IMAGE=TRUE"

In world mapping cases involving reprojection, MapServer sometimes gets
confused.  The above directive tells MapServer to not try and reproject the
request window, but instead to just load the whole image.

> In addition, if I try to produce a larger output file, say 1000x500, the
> blue marble layer's rendering is mirrored, however everything is displayed.

I have never seen this case before.  I would encourage you to submit a
detailed bug report and ensure it gets assigned to me.

I would add there is a wiki topic on WorldMappingIssues at:

   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WorldMappingIssues

Normally I would suggest you update the wiki with info about your
particular problems, but for the time being the wiki is read-only.

Best regards,