problem with mapscript PointObj method Draw

Eric Bridger eric at GOMOOS.ORG
Fri Dec 10 14:08:01 EST 2004

At 12:32 PM 12/10/2004 -0600, eric BELENFANT wrote:
>Hello,
>I use php Mapscript 4.2 under linux 9.
>I try adding a point on the map like this :
>
>// DRAW MAP AND SET GEO EXTENT (IN MAP UNITS) IN SID FOR SUBSEQUENT ZOOM
>ACTIONS //
>$mapimg = $map->draw();
>

>// ECRIT LES ETABLISSEMENTS AYANT DES FORMATIONS SUR LA CARTE
>writeFormations($map,$mapimg,'%','400');//ne marche pas impossible d'écrire
>le point avec le symbole
>$couche=$map->getLayerByName("commune_symboles");
>$monpoint = ms_newPointObj();
>$monpoint->setXY(600000,220000);
>$monpoint->draw($map,$couche,$mapimg,0,"");
>
>I can't just see this point and the symbol i want to add with.
>It gets on my nerves !!
>If you could help me it would be nice !

 Some guesses:

1) commune_symboles layer has STATUS OFF on your map file so you must do
$couche->status = MS_ON;
2) That layer uses SYMBOL 'star'  but I don't see that symbol defined in your map file.