Does PHP still have to be installed as a CGI with MapServer 4.4?

Sat Dec 11 17:52:04 EST 2004

Bob,

I can't answer the question related to running PHP/Mapscript in an
apache DSO, but running mod_php in apache has never been exclusive of
running php?mapscript as a cgi. If you generally configure your site to
use mod_php, you can then specify that with some directory that you want
to run php as cgi.

I have been doing this for a long time. My whole site runs mod_php,
except when I am calling mapscript pages, then it runs a separate php
built for use with mapscript as a cgi.

This can all be configured in the apache config files.

-Steve W.