Custom shape changes color

Ethan Alpert ealpert at DIGITALGLOBE.COM
Mon Dec 13 11:09:26 EST 2004

What version of mapserver?

There was a bug with symbol caching in earlier 4.x releases.

-e

        -----Original Message-----
        From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Abe Gillespie
        Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 8:02 AM
        To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
        Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Custom shape changes color

        I created a measure tool and use the following layer for the
lines:

        LAYER
        NAME "custom_solid_line"
        STATUS ON
        TYPE LINE
        POSTLABELCACHE true
        CLASS
        SYMBOL "solid"
        COLOR 255 255 0
        SIZE 2
        END
        END

        I add lines to the map with code similar to the following:

        $line = ms_newLineObj();
        $line->addXY($x, $y);
        $shp = ms_newShapeObj(MS_SHAPE_LINE);
        $shp->add($line);
        $layer = $map->getLayerByName("custom_solid_line");
        $retVal = $layer->addFeature($shp);
        $shp->free();
        $line->free();
        // Draw the map later on ...

        The problem is the lines don't always stay yellow. I've seen
them green and pinkish too. The color seems to depend on other visible
layers. I've also seen the same phenomenon with the extents box in the
reference map. In fact, the color of the lines and the extent box is
always the same. I.e.: when one changes color the other does too. I do
draw my reference map in a sort of nonstandard way though by drawing the
map and ref. map separately and then pasting them together.

        Thanks for any help.
        -Abe