jbox- java applet notinited

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 14 10:52:04 EST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:10:09 -0600, Dan Liu <Dan.Liu at state.mn.us> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> Is there any way to fix this error? I tried everything. The 'applet noinited
> error' still shows from time to time on both Mozilla and IE.
>
> Dan

Sorry. Your server was down over the weekend, and then I kind of forgot...

I Iooked at your code and viewed the page. I do not see anything
suspicious and I did not get an error, so I can only suggest some
general avenues to explore.

1. Open the Java console when you run it. It will display considerably
more error information when an error does occur.

2. Try the 'regular' jBox instead of the jBoxPNG. Sun's recent Java
VMs can display PNGs natively. It is only the Microsoft Java VM that
can not, and that therefoer requires the jBoxPNG.

3. Test some other Java enabled sites (e.g.
www2.tetonwyo.org/mapsever) to be sure that it's not simply your
client configuration.

Sorry that I don't have a more specific solution.

Regards,
--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com