Super simple example that may interest folks...

Wed Dec 15 13:37:01 EST 2004

You bet, check out a new version of LandView that a couple of us here
have been playing with.

  http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/landview_dhtml_x.html

There are controls to turn the measure tool on/off just below the main
interface (haven't had time to create a logo). This version of dbox.js
uses the Walter Zorn (www.walterzorn.com) graphics library for box
drawing and line drawing. Since DHTML line drawing is rather intensive
(pixel = div) new lines only appear once defined so you have to click
once to define a starting point, then again for the second point, and
then you'll see a line. Of course then you can define additional
segments.

Note that while this code is very stable, it's not complete (no area
computations, no "working" image). There is another developer that's
been working on dbox.js and mapserv.js enhancements that I need to hook
up with to produce a unified version. Note that the API is identical (or
as close as possible) to Rich Greenwood's jbox component. They are
designed to be interchangable.

Steve

>>> David Bitner <osgis.lists at GMAIL.COM> 12/15/2004 9:20:21 AM >>>
Steve,
I went to see the js functions that you had in the utils.js and I
noticed in your javascript directory that there is a new version of
dbox that has the line draw built in.  Do you have any examples of a
page using this?

David