SWIGMapscript: processLegendTemplate throws error

Ethan Alpert ealpert at DIGITALGLOBE.COM
Wed Dec 15 13:39:55 EST 2004

I'm no expert but I've been learning about swig lately and I can't see anyway you ever got this to work with any version of mapserver and swig.

Could you send me the mapObj.java you compiled into your jar as well as what version of SWIG you had installed? Because it ever working is indeed extremely odd.

I'm not a mapserver developer but I sure am curious.

Thanks,

-e

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of GeoIT
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 6:15 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] SWIGMapscript: processLegendTemplate throws error

Dear experts,
I used mapObj.processLegendTemplate successfully with mapserver 4.0. Now I try to upgrade to version 440 and get the following error using this method:

Java.lang.UnknownError: Can't free NULL table

Any ideas ?

The code is:
        public String getProcessedLegendTemplate(mapObj mapObject) {
                String[] names = {"img", "legend", "scalebar", "ref"};
                String[] values = {"", "", "", ""};
                int numItems = 4;
                return mapObject.processLegendTemplate(names,
values,numItems);
        }

regards
Andreas Paukner-Ruzicka

Geo-IT GmbH   -   Geoinformatik, IT-Services
Guggenberg 3, D-82380 Peissenberg
Tel: 08803-498372, Fax: 08803-498373
eMail: info at geo-it.com  -  Homepage: http://www.geo-it.com