MapServer - ArcSDE feedback

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Thu Dec 16 06:30:04 EST 2004

Hi,

all the info about Mapserver and SDE is on the Wiki:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MapServerSDE

I'll let others (who are more capable) comment on the PostGIS-ArcSDE
comparison .... the only thing I know is that ArcSDE has a deadly
connection overhead so you should use Mapserver in FastCGI mode for that
to get an acceptable performance.

Best regards,
Bart