shapefile from raster file {Scanned}

Siki Zoltan siki at AGT.BME.HU
Tue Dec 21 14:14:18 EST 2004

Hi,

You must have a raster to vector (r2v) converter to do this task.
Check sourceforge.net for opensource tools.
But you must consider that this conversion can't be 100% perfect!
Depending on the source the postprocessing may take 30-70% of the
whole process!
Do not try to vectorize orthophotos/satelite images.

There are some software which supports semi automatic raster to vector
conversion. This gives sorter processing time sometimes.

Bye
Zoltan