RPM packages of MapServer and prerequisites available

Daniele Margotti margottid at COMUNE.LUGO.RA.IT
Wed Dec 22 03:07:26 EST 2004

Very interesting thing!

A couple of questions:
 - would these RPMs work also with new Fedora Core 3?
 - do we need a particular configuration of our Fedora distribution
(e.g. install or NOT install some programs/packages/libraries, etc.)?
 - is your RPM MapServer still Oracle-spatial and/or MySQL-spatial
enabled, or spatial extension only works with postgresql?
 - are these RPMs only for server purpouse or do they configure a
(almost) full GIS destkop workstation?

Thank you and good work,

        Daniele

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Schuyler Erle
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 7:16 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] RPM packages of MapServer and
prerequisites available

Hello, everyone. I'm writing to announce that I'm maintaining an APT RPM
archive of useful OS GIS software for Fedora Core, including MapServer
and its prerequisites, e.g. GDAL, PostGIS, etc. The archive lives at
http://mappinghacks.com/rpm/. Please feel free to post this link on the
download section of the MapServer site! Thanks.

SDE