jbox SetImage and Reference Map / Scalebar

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 23 11:54:29 EST 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:34:32 -0500, Shanton, James A
<James.Shanton2 at nscorp.com> wrote:
> I'm working with the jbox setimage command, and image swapping.
>
> How do I access the new Reference map / Scalebar  since mapserver is not
> creating one within my old image temp directory ?
>
> I have the zoom portion / extents working correctly, and I noticed that
> there are no temp files being created.   Where does the jbox applet store
> them ?

When you use image swapping you are accessing mapserver in "map" mode,
which means mapserver is only producing an image, no temporary image
is saved to the server (or the client, jBox in this case) and
mapserver is not template variable substitution for you. So you need
to make additional calls to mapserver for any other things you need,
like a reference  map, scalebar, etc. You also have to keep track of
your map extents yourself (you could make another request to mapserver
to do the calculations, but that would involve more overhead that it's
worth).

Regards,
--
Richard Greenwood