Make problem mapserver 4.2.5

Wim Blanken w.blanken at GEON.NL
Thu Dec 30 10:30:13 EST 2004

Hello List,

Maybe a stupid question but do i really need g++ to compile mapserver?
If not how can i fix the following make error on a system with only the gcc compiler installed
I used no options during ./configure.

-------- KNIP -----------------
gcc -c -O2 -Wall -DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA -DNEED_STRLCAT -DUSE_EPPL -DUSE_G

D_GIF -DUSE_GD_WBMP -DUSE_GD_FT -DGD_HAS_GDIMAGEGIFPTR -I/usr/local/incl

ude mapsde.c -o mapsde.o

g++ -c -O2 -Wall -DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA -DNEED_STRLCAT -DUSE_EPPL -DUSE_G

D_GIF -DUSE_GD_WBMP -DUSE_GD_FT -DGD_HAS_GDIMAGEGIFPTR -I/usr/local/incl

ude mapogr.cpp -o mapogr.o

make: g++: Command not found

make: *** [mapogr.o] Error 127

Regards and happy mapsurfing!!